Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thing 2 Mobile Device Tips

Just watched the iPhone video and I can't quit playing with my compass that turns into a really cool, bubbly level! My husband is pretty fond of it, too.  Didn't know the time stamp was available for ALL messages with just a simple swipe, either. Also am learning that Siri does a lot more than I employ him/her for. The bookmark page on Safari is a direct link to Twitter ... Okay, so the real truth is that "life (and devices) is (are) like an onion, Shrek."  All those layers. I feel like I lift one up, and there's another!  Meaning I was iPad/tablet shopping yesterday and feel like there is just so darned much to learn!  My urban school of 1200 kids has 2, yes 2, iPads that aren't personal ones. So though I know there are such cool ways to use them with students, it seems pointless right now. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I find that I under-use Siri as well, but may have to work on that. It must be frustrating, learning these cool tips but not being able to use them with students because they don't have iPads, but at least you'll be ahead of the game if they do get them!

    ReplyDelete