Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Thing 3 - Utilities

Oh gosh, I did this some time ago, but I am still intrigued by the RedLaser Barcode and QR Scanner.  What a lot of applications this has for a school library!  I like the idea of book reviews being scattered around the library, which costs basically nothing at all.  That price point is oh so appealing to me, as well as it being something innovative and shockingly easy that kids would use.  I can see this being something that snowballs, luring more and more teen readers to try it out.  But I can also see it making kids in my urban environment perhaps being segregated into the "haves" and "have nots."  I'd like to think I'm wrong, but that would be an ugly off-shoot of such a project.  I also think I will try using a QR code that leads to a book trailer.  It also seems like a really cool way to create a "library tour," (and it's about time for something like that!). 

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea on how to use QR codes in your library! I agree though, it does make it hard for those kids who might not have a smart phone. Maybe include a simple, easy-to-remember url that they could use in a web browser?

    ReplyDelete