Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thing 9 - Jazzing Up Photos

I was, and still am, so excited about using Color Splurge!  My professional photographer friend does stuff like this all the time, but WTH (heck)?  I downloaded and subsequently deleted the app so many times trying to get rid of the ads on the bottom and on the top and in the corner, etc.  I finally gave up.  The app IDEA reminds me of many years ago when I took a class where we learned to hand tint black and white photos, which I did very little of and spent very much money on.  So I thought this was going to be IT! 

Alas, I went on to Line Camera and had a much more pleasant experience.  I did a few personal photos, and they looked classy, unlike those cheesy frames so many of the Kodak machines at Walgreens add to your photos.  I can definitely see myself using this personally for many reasons.  I take gobs of pictures, most of them with people in them and mostly those people are my family.  Hence, I am preserving memories, and I can see taking a treasured shot and playing with it to make it more than just another photograph.  Professionally, it looks like it will be really fun to play with.  I can see myself making posters of kids reading, using technology, doing research . . . and all without having to invest in one of those fancy poster-making machines (or scrounge around looking for one to borrow) and probably end up with a better product.  Can't wait to try it.  One thing I don't care for is that I can't share via messaging.  That would be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment