Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Thing 5 - Another one I like!

Okay, Dragon Dictation is just a slicked up version of Siri.  Maybe they're cousins in a fantasy series!  And they were both educated in a cave by a nomadic grandmotherly type who couldn't spell, either.  I digress . . .  Actually, Dragon Dictation is kind of fun.  Since I like to write, and my aging thoughts are often fleeting, I could see using it on a personal basis. 

But on to another option in Thing 5 - Springpad!  It is fun and useful and easy and efficient, and I'm actually sharing it with coworkers tomorrow.  As a work tool, I think I will utilize a few of the notebooks, especially if I start making it a habit.  Admittedly, I'm still a bit of a pencil and paper gal when it comes to note taking and making, but I see so much merit in shedding my pocketfuls of Post-its and other bits of important papers.  The "Task" notebook would certainly be helpful in the work place.  I've already got quite a few tidbits recorded in the "Quick Notes" section, as well.  It seems to have functionality for collaborating in a nice, informal fashion, too.  On a personal note, I think I could use it for many of the things Springpad suggests (vacation notes, recipes, lists, lists, lists!  I think I am as addicted to lists as I am to pockets!).  I didn't especially like the "Books" part, though.  As with so many apps, they just are a variation of something that another app or site does (i.e. Good Reads, etc.).  Nonetheless, I am thus far enjoying Springpad.

No comments:

Post a Comment