Friday, April 18, 2014

Keeping Up! (with Thing 5)

Wow!  I love Flipboard!  Professionally, I see myriad uses. For starters, I love the Tech News section. So they're adding optical zooms to smartphones and Agency Glass is designing spectacles that help emotionless folks pretend they are "friendlier or less socially awkward" than they really are. Hmmmm.... And reading about the new design of the iPhone 6 is pretty cool, too.  These are things/magazines that I ordinarily wouldn't read but Flipbook makes it easy!  I can totally see sharing this app with high school kids, as well.

Personally, I have added food and travel sites.  I even like the picks selected by Flipboard. Who knew you could find Tabasco or beer flavored jelly beans???  I think this is cool enough to share with friends and colleagues. I am currently borrowing an iPad mini and previously used a loaner iPad (thanks, Tori!). I am currently deciding what to purchase for my personal use.  Although I read ebooks on my Kindle, that is not my favorite method for personal reading. I like to flip (see, this IS on topic!) back to lots of places in a book, the beginning, a certain scene, a descriptive passage that I want to retread, and so on. Hence, for those reasons and others I prefer holding on to a print book. BUT Flipboard has swayed me, lured me, to the convenience and efficiency of reading things of this nature.   There are things here that I only choose to skim or read part of or be wowed by more than just words, so I think I've just been lured deeper into the realm of digital reading. Thanks, Flipboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment