Monday, April 28, 2014

Thing 11, or Library and Reference!

As I sit looking at my various devices, I am, as usual, amazed at little tricks that seem so darned simple once someone shows them to you.  Remember the first time you ever did a screen shot on your computer?  Didn't you think, "Wow!  How much easier could that be???"  Well, I feel kind of like that looking at ELM on my phone.  I rarely use my iphone for doing research, but the high school kids I teach do, and, bingo - there it is, right on my little screen.  Thanks for the concise tour, Minitex.  Again, here is a little gem I will probably show kids how to use . . . tomorrow!

Also, clicking on the SPPL app on my phone is something I never do.  But there it is, and, again, something worthy to pass on to teens. 

Although my district and my own webpage do have Mackin VIA available as well as instructions on downloading the app, not a lot of our students tend to read our ebooks, it seems.  Doing research via ELM is more likely the mobile app of choice for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment