Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Thing 16 - Using Audio

Lots of cool recording options are mentioned in the 23 Mobile Things.  I like the looks of SoundCloud but decided to try my hand at Audioboo instead.  I don't think recordings ever have to be deleted in Audioboo, whereas in SoundCloud they need to be deleted after 120 minutes in order to record anything new.

It took mere minutes to figure out how to use Audioboo which is always a plus for most folks.  (I nearly added especially for young people, but, actually, teens spend so much more time delving into the digital world than a lot of older people, and I realized that that statement would be totally inaccurate.)  Anyway, I digress . . . It was simple for me to record my first few "boos," and they are capable of being much longer than the 3 minutes promised by the 23 Mobile Things site.  I believe my countdown was 10 minutes, which is really cool. 

Again, this is something that I will certainly share with classroom teachers who struggle with Podcasts, CDs, and other such recording assignments.  Within the library, I see applications such as alternatives to Moodle for instruction, recording music to complement books, perhaps reading enticing passages from new books, interviewing students on a host of topics, and more.  I'm excited to try this one.  Again, simplicity seems key in this gigantic pool of apps in which we all swim.  Ooh, bad metaphor . . . it's hard to hear underwater!

No comments:

Post a Comment