Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Thing 17 - Connecting to Community

Wow!  I LOVE this thing!  Minnesota 511 is an app I already use and have advertised to all my family and friends.  We SO need this, don't we?  But now I have so many more cool apps in my digital pocket!  The Minneapolis Skyway app sounded so cool, but was actually a bit cumbersome. BUT that doesn't mean I won't pull it up when I need it.  Two more that I will use in my daily life are Minneapolis by Open Spaces and Going Out by the Star Trib.  No more waiting for the newspaper's arts section or relying on Flixster for my entertainment needs.  I like being able to search for music, theater, cool happenings around town and more with an app.  Come August, the State Fair app will be a must.  No more lining up to get a map, unfolding the paper, figuring out how to get to the dairy building from where you are, refolding the darned thing, and finding a pocket to house it.  Wow!  App on a Stick!  Two others that I looked at and liked are MPR Radio and the Mayo Clinic Patient App.  Unfortunately, I searched for the MN Museum app to no avail.  I wanted to know how long the Toys exhibit was going to be in town!  Shoot!  But thank you for filling my pocket with these fun apps!

No comments:

Post a Comment