Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thing 18 - Lots and Lots of Apps!

The fun stuff is always at the end, it seems.  I love 3D Brain.  Gotta share it.  The dictionary app is right up my alley.  I love all that comes with it.  However, I stopped at deleting my old Merriam Webster app on my phone because I like that it pronounces words, too.  That's sometimes why I even use a dictionary while reading.

I have looked at and told one of my sons about artCircles and B-Rhymes.  What teen/artist wouldn't love these?

Okay, I failed my first test in Spanish on Duolingo, but what a cool app this is.  I will certainly make sure to pass it on to world language teachers who don't already know about it.  The same goes for Science 360. 

I think Khan Academy, TED Talks, and Google Earth are certainly worth sharing with folks who aren't already using them.  My school is getting a huge influx of iPads this fall, so even though many of these are somewhat common to a lot of people, they may not be to all. 

Mostly I'm left with the thought that perhaps teaching people how to discover new apps is like "teaching a man to fish."  It is probably a more important skill than passing on cool new apps, because you'll never win this one, no matter how hard you try.  It sure is fun, though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment